Tuesday, April 13, 2010

So Many Thoughts. Unfortunately, All At Once.

I’m back to the blog, and I don’t have any dates to show for it. This entry is completely reserved for random rumblings of mine. First of all, holy wow, I’m responsible for a love match! If you read in the comments below you will read that someone met their boyfriend of three months by signing up for on-line dating after they read my blog. They can take some of the credit, I’ll take most of it. I hope that’s ok. I wish you a really long time of happiness as long as I find a boyfriend eventually. I’m kidding.

The redhead stalkerazzi came out this week. There’s a fine line with these “you’re hot for a redhead” messages. Then there was “I always thought redheads couldn’t be attractive until I saw your picture”. Backhanded compliments I tell you! It would be different if someone said they had a thing for redheads. Is it ok to say “well, you’re really hot for being a Native American”? I would think not. Don’t discredit my fellow unnaturally pale comrades.

Things that really suck about having red hair:

-I went to Mexico, and a family friend purchased SPF 140 after I turned crispy with SPF 45 every 15 minutes. Do you also notice that the fashion magazines mock the celebs that wear summer clothing while still pale?
-Your eyebrows are really blonde to the point where they are invisible. I started having my eyebrows dyed in my tweens. I look back on pictures of me before eyebrow dye and shed a single tear for the existence of extended monochrome space between my eyelids and my forehead.
-Your eyelashes are the same blonde. Simply, you don’t look like you have eyelashes. This was never apparent to me until my Sophomore year of high school. The seventeen year old boy I liked turned to me and said…

Him: Have you ever thought of using mascara?
Me: No, why?
Him: You’d look better.
Me: My hair is red though. It will look strange if I have black eyelashes.
Him: You’ll look like you actually have eyelashes though. Black is better than what you already have.

I think you get the point. Don't get me wrong. I will never be a blonde or brunette. I like my hair color.

I talked to the med student again. The conversation was really terrible a second time. I never should’ve contacted him again. I should’ve waited for him to contact me. Instead I initiate a horribly lame conversation in which he reveals that he has a thing for Jews. I found that weird, but in my favor at the same time. Ok, ½ in my favor. I don’t think I’ll be talking to him again. I’m going to segue into another topic with the Jew thing. I talked to the one guy with the angry MySpace blog again. He is adopted, and his adoptive family is Jewish. He brought the topic up, and said how he has the “Jewish nose” and everything. This confused me… he’s adopted. I was being sarcastic when I said to one of my friends that “What did he come from Judaica Hillel Adoption Agency? Did his nose start growing when he heard Hebrew? Is there an adopt-a-Jew program?” Thank you google search, I guess there really is. Wow. My mistake. Oh well, I still think it’s funny.

I started talking to a guy this weekend who we shall entitle “Dinosaur Dude”. He speaks to me in dinosaur. If I were a paleontologist this could be a hugely attractive quality. However, since I’m not, it’s just weird. The guy is cute though. It's just a question of how much crazy can you put up with for the cute. He’s an artist, and works currently in the graphic arts sector. I think he is totally unemployed because he checked out my profile during the day today. His mom serves on the board of the rep and the art museum. There’s something weird about him though. It might be how he morphs my name into Samiceratops. I want to know how I have been selected to be a triceratops. I would’ve gone for a pterodactyl, but no one wanted my opinion on that one. He gave me his phone number, but when I reverse searched it the number came up as a home number for a 70-something couple. He claims it is his cell phone. I suppose I could call him. What would be the proper greeting - rawr or hello? Why do I have to call him? I’m terrible on the phone. Next thing I know he'll tell me he is married, and then I'll have to focus on not passing out again.

I told Sally I’m unsure about the artistic people grouping. I know I’m an artsy person and all, but I know too many others who have no further interest in having a steady job or life. They are fine living their in the clouds life without any kind of thoughts about how to pay for rent or food. Dino Dude wants to spend his life travelling about. On the opposite end of the spectrum, the business/lawyer/doctor people all seem to take life way too seriously. I either have to find an arts person who doesn’t want to spend their life starving, or a person with a steady/serious occupation who is not so serious all of the time.

I have so much more to tell you all about. In my next post I will tell you about the social monogamist (look it up in wikipedia). I will explain to you about my complete disdain for all things wedding related. Maybe I’ll tell you how a phone conversation with Dino Dude went if I decide to call him.

Peace and love.

-SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment